We are delighted to announce that TIES THAT BIND Asia-Europe Producers Workshop will feature in 2012 two workshops again: the first one in Udine (Italy) during the Udine Far East Film Festival from April 21-26, 2012 and the second one in Busan (South Korea) during the Busan International Film Festival in parallel to the Asian Project Market from October 7-11, 2012.
The programme brings together five producers with feature projects from Asia and five from Europe. During the two workshops they will work together with top level experts from both continents on script development, co-production between Asia and Europe, financing in the two regions, legal aspects of co-production, marketing, pitching and promotion, and meet with decision makers during both sessions.
The following producers were selected for TIES THAT BIND 2012:
- Guillaume de la Boulaye, Zorba Production, France, project: Red House, director: Jero Yun
- Fernanda del Nido, Tic Tac Producciones, Spain, project: The Moon in September, director: Jorge Coira
- Gita Fara, Set Film Production, Indonesia, project: The Seen and Unseen, director: Kamila Andini
- Isabelle Glachant, Chinese Shadows, France/Hog Kong, project: A Borrowed Life, director: Kit Hui
- Dave Kim, Rainbow Factory, South Korea, project: The Promise, director: Kim Jho Gwangsoo
- Mari Mukai, Horizon Features, Japan, project: Two by the River (Tentative), director: Kana Tomoko
- Ebba Sinizinger, WILDart Film, Austria, project: Moneyboys, director: Bo Chen
- Paul Smith, Pipedream Pictures, UK, project: Moth, director: John Williams
- Nandita Solomon, Apparat, Malaysia, project: Interchange, director: Dain Iskandar Said
- Pacharin Surawatanapongs, Pop Pictures, Thailand, project: The White Buffalo, director: Aditya Assarat
Among this year’s final 10 projects, there are projects from Aditya Assarat, the director of Wonderful Town (Thailand), New Currents Awardee from the Busan International Film Festival and the Tiger Awardee from the International Film Festival Rotterdam, and Indonesian director Kamila Andini who has been highly reputed with her debut film The Mirror Never Lies. New projects from Dain Iskandar Said, Malaysian director of Bunohan which received NETPAC Award from the Taipei Golden Horse Film Festival, and also from the renowned producer of Generation Blue, Kim Jho Gwangsoo, are included as well. Isabelle Glachant, the producer of many famous Chinese directors, such as Wang Xiaoshuai and Lou Ye, is participating with a project from Hong Kong’s young director, Kit Hui.
The 10 selected producers will work on the development of their projects under the guidance of top industry professionals from both continents. For the first session in Udine the following experts will share their expertise with the Ties that Bind participants among others:
- Jean-Baptiste Babin, Backup Films, France
- Christophe Bruncher, Ties that Bind Head of Studies, France
- Clare Downs, Forever Films, United Kingdom
- Roger Garcia, Hong Kong International Film Festival, Hong Kong
- Shanty Harmayn-Hofman, Salto Films, Indonesia
- Elise Jalladeau, Charivari Films, France
- Stefano Tealdi, Stefilm, Italy
The first TIES THAT BIND workshop in Udine will offer in-depth insight into audiovisual market and operating conditions, legal frameworks, financing, sales, distribution and exhibition practices in Asia and Europe, it will provide opportunities for networking between the participants and their companies to create medium and long term co-financing and co-production relationships and it will enable the access to a network of producers, markets, festivals and decision makers in both continents.
TIES THAT BIND is organised by the Friuli Venezia Giulia Audiovisual Fund, EAVE, Udine Far East Film Festival, Busan International Film Festival, Asian Film Market and Asian Project Market, and supported by MEDIA Mundus.